Momchilovtsi
.Tourist Information Centre

EN BG Homepage About Momchilovtsi Contacts & Information Links Gallery
 
About Momchilovtsi
History of Momchilovtsi
Local Food & Drinks
Stone Masonry
Village Lifestyle
Naming the Village
 
Cultural & Religious Tourism
SAVE/GEO Tourism Centre
Ecotourism
Chapels Location & Meaning
Village Church
 
Sport & Leisure Activities
Visit Momchilovtsi Museum
Visit Places of Interest
Hidden magic in the forest
The legend of Ayazmoto
Local Arts & Crafts
Hotels & Guest Houses
Restaurants & Businesses
Where is Momchilovtsi?

www.momchilovtsi.info

Agora - America for Bulgaria  Foundation
AGORA Platform -
Active Communities for Development Alternatives

Smolyan Tourist
Tourist Infomation Centre Smolyan

Copyright © of
The Momchilovtsi Tourist Information Centre
Please do not use images & photos from this sit
e without permission


Google website translation
[use link to translate this website ]

The Church in Momchilovtsi and its Celebration Day - 21 May

The Holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Emperor Constantine and his Mother St. Helen” church was built in 1836.

The Church Tower, the Narthex and the Church Yard were built at the beginning of the XXth c. by Hadji Nedelcho Kanev - an Italian school of Stone Masonry - ( For more information see our page on Stone Masonry)

The Church of Konstantine and Elena is built well below street level as were most of the Churches in the area. It is said that when the Turks finally gave the Bulgarians permission to build their own Churches one of the conditions was that it should not be higher than a "Turk on Horseback".

Another was that it should be completed within 40 days.


Saints' Konstantinos and Elena

Images from the Celebration Festival day on 21 May 2009

 

Tourist Information Centre, Cultural Centre, 5 Elitsa Str. Momchilovtsi Village 4750, Smolyan District, Bulgaria